Sunday, November 15, 2009

Silly Things Relocated

Hi,

This is my new blog. Maybe some of you already familiar with my other blog http://hendrayadi.wordpress.com , that one still active.

I am starting a new blog purely not because of commercial consideration, instead I found serious contradiction in my previous. As you may already know I have some form of what they call attention deficit disorder which make me difficult to focus on one thing. I could not be Faisal Basri who always writes critical essay about political economics, Gde Prama who always writes about beautiful side of life or Frans Magnis-Suseno who always skillfully manage to connects the trinity of politics, philosophy and theology in his writings.

Unlike those great people, no matter how hard I try, I could never manage to contain myself focusing on only one subject in my writing. I like to write about many things. Starting from the most serious subjects, I like to write about : theology, philosophy, economic, politic, family matter, relationship, love, children, worklife, personal criticism, self-help, sexual enlightement, book review, video games review, to the most meaningless thing like I am writing now.

So, considering such a wide continuum, it is impossible for me to have only one blog. It will confuse my loyal reader (as if there is any) and the worse part is it will also confuse me. Thus, as a start to reorganizing my writing (and myself) I try to separate between more serious things and less serious thing. Subject about politics, economics and such can be found on my old wordpress blog, while the silly fringe things can be found in this blog.

In this way, I can be existed in both world and not losing myself as a human like most of my economist colleagues. As one quote from famous Quentin Tarantino "I just don't think it works if you take the whole thing too seriously".

May you have a good balanced life and GBU.


Best,
Irfan

No comments:

Post a Comment